The Departments of Economics and Physics of the University of Thessaly in collaboration with the Department of Physics of the International University of Greece, announce the start of the application process for the admission of postgraduate students for the academic year Postgraduate Program 2021-2022 .MSc) With title: «Econophysics-Financial Forecasts».
PPS accepts graduates of host departments, as well as of other departments of Greek Universities and IoT’s or equivalent certified foreign Universities and Technological Institutions. For foreign candidates it is required to be familiar with the Greek language (according to the provisions of L.2083/92).
Specifically in the Program are being accepted graduates of Economic Departments, Departments of Civil Engineering, Departments of Engineering, Science and Technology, and other similar specializations, as well as of Higher Military Schools of the country or equivalent foreign Institutions.
– The 1st and 2nd Semester include four (4) courses and one seminar lesson. Attendance of all the courses is mandatory.
– The 3rd semester is devoted to the preparation and examination of the diploma thesis.
– PPS classes will take place at the Department of Economic Sciences building in the city of Volos (Matsaggos building).
– Classes will take place on Thursday – Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
– For all lessons physical attendance of the students is required. In cases where specific lessons will be delivered through internet, monitoring of attendance will be ensured by specific methods that are offered through the relevant programs.
– Course attendance is mandatory.
– Partial attendance of the PPS for six (6) semesters with no additional financial burden is applicable.
In order to receive the Postgraduate Specialization Diploma, the accumulation of 90 ECTS credits is required, which are divided into three semesters, ie two semesters of courses and one (3rd) semester for the elaboration of the postgraduate diploma thesis.
The dissertation can be prepared abroad under the Erasmus program.
The post-graduate students pay tuition fees for attending the Post-graduate Program. The tuition fees (3,200€) are paid in a specific bank account of the PPS as follows:
20% of the amount upon acceptance of new students in the PPS.
40% of the amount upon the commencement of the courses of winter semester.
40% of the amount upon the commencement of the courses of spring semester.
There is also a possibility:
– Of a 10% discount for the lump sum of the tuition fees on acceptance of new students in the PPS.
– Of tuition fees payment in 12 (twelve) interest-free installments with the use of credit card.
Delay of payment of an installment for more than 30 days endangers students’ participation in the exams.
In the PPS will be employed faculty members of the Department of Economic Sciences and Civil Engineering of the University of Thessaly and, research members of the Department of Electrical Engineers of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology, of other Departments of the two Institutions, of other Departments of Greek Universities and IoT, of other Departments of foreign Universities and Technological Institution as well as other categories of Teaching staff according to the provisions of article 5 of L. 3685/2008 (IGG 148 A’) referring to the post-graduate studies.